Hello and welcome to my blog.
I am continuing with my Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration spotlight and have some more cards to share using the Nature's Perfection free stamp set. The other day I shared some inked cards and today I am here with some watercolour ones to highlight just how versatile this set is. Here is a reminder of the full set ~
Here is my first card ~
And I have a mini tutorial for you on how to achieve this card
~ Tutorial ~
- Take a piece of watercolour card stock and prep with your embossing buddy to remove any static from the paper
- Mount your stamp onto the acrylic block and stamp with Versamark ink and then cover with your embossing powder - I have used gold
- Heat with your heat gun until all the embossing powder has melted
- Fill your Aqua Painter with water and cover the area of the flower that you are going to work on first with a coat of water - I started at the middle of the flower and worked out.
- After removing your stamp from the acrylic block use your Stampin' Write marker with the brush tip end and scribble about 5 strokes onto your acrylic block - I used the Strawberry Slush marker
- Then ensure you have water on the tip of the Aqua Painter pick up the colour from your acrylic block and transfer to your image.
- This will produce the watercolour effect and you can intensify or soften the colour on your stamped image depending on how much water you have on your brush tip.
- I work a little area and then let it dry (you can use your heat gun to speed up the process) and then you can add more colour and shading to the petals
- After the flower head is completely dry make sure your Aqua Painter brush tip is clean and go around the outside edge of the flower with water.
- Then put another colour on your acrylic block - I used Coastal Cabana - and go around the outside edge of your flower
- When your watercolour card stock is completely dry you add a sentiment and finish the card as you wish
Here is a close up of the water colouring ~
You can achieve a beautiful hand painted look with just a few supplies. And the great thing is that each card will be unique!
Here is my second card, this time I used the Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write markers ~
To finish this card I die cut out the bloom and added to the front of an embossed panel with a sentiment heat embossed in gold.
Here are my main supplies and if you click on them it will take you straight to my online store - remember this stamp set (or any item from the sale-a-bration catalogues) is free (only until 31 March 2015) with a 60€/£45 spend ~
I hope that the tutorial was helpful and that you are tempted to give this technique a try! If you do please link me in the Social Media apps so that I can give your creations some love. Have a wonderful day.x
If you enjoyed this project please use code W9CXZCJY to support me (this code should be entered in the box that reads *Do you have a hostess code?* on the Stampin' Up! checkout page). All hostess codes correctly entered will earn a free gift direct from me. If you use this code and your order is at least £120/150€ excluding shipping I will send you a free *make and take kit* of my choice. If your order is over £150/€200 please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the Rewards. Learn more about the code here and here.
I have a page at the top (in English) (pour rejoingez mon équipe click ici) about joining my Stampin' Up! team. I would love to recruit you to my team during the Sale-A-Bration event (ends 31 March 2015) and in addition to the free items from Stampin' Up! that you can choose on joining, I will also send you a Sweetheart Punch as a welcome gift and a thank you from me.