Hello and welcome to my blog.
Today I have another card for Mother's Day to share with you. It's fast approaching - Sunday 15 March for the United Kingdom although in Europe we celebrate it later on in the year during May.
I have again used the Sweet Laughter stamp set. I am currently using the French set Merci Maman and it is also available in German (if you click the words in blue the link will take you direct to the relevant stamp set in my Online store).
The stamp set includes a dictionary definition of *mother* and I wanted to construct a card that showed the book but not the definition until you opened the card. So I created a flip window card.
Here it is ~
Here it is ~
And this is what you find when you open it ~
Now obviously that is in French so I will give you a look at the stamp set in English ;)
How cool is that!
As these are outline stamps you can use your Stampin' Markers or watercolour paints even if you wished. If you are using watercolours or water in any way with your card please use the Black StazOn ink as this is waterproof.
Here is a very quick tutorial on how to construct this card (based on my supplies)
- Cut a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock to 8,5 x 28 cm and score in half lengthways at 14cm. Die cut a shape from the front - I chose a heart using the Hearts Collection framelits dies
- Run the front side through your Big Shot using the platform for embossing with the folder of your choice.
- Cut a piece of Melon Mambo card stock to 10,5 x 14 cm and a piece of Whisper White to 9,5 x 14 cm
- Line up your White card stock piece to where it will be stuck down (centred under the front panel and flush with the fold line and trace your shape (in my case a heart) very lightly in pencil. You now know where to stamp the image!
- Stamp the image in Tuxedo black ink, add clear embossing powder on top of the ink and then heat set this with your Heat Gun. Or stamp in Black StazOn (once dry rub out your pencil lines)
- Colour the image with your chosen medium and then stamp the sentiment underneath
- Adhere your White card stock to your Melon Mambo piece making sure to centre the white piece.
- Adhere your Pink Pirouette card stock to your Melon Mambo piece - you need to use strong adhesive here like Fast Fuse or Sticky Strip
- Finish off the front of your card with the embellishments of your choice (I stamped and punched a sentiment and added some silver ribbon)
I hope that was clear! Here are more items that I used to construct the card ~
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed this project and are inspired to give a flip window card a try! Check back tomorrow as I have another beautiful Mother's Day card to share - this time using a Christmas stamp set.
Vous savez que je suis Anglais mais je vis en France. Je suis intéressé de savoir de mes filles français si vous voulez voir la partie de mon blog en français? S'il vous plaît me contacter si c'est quelque chose que vous pensez serait utile.
If you enjoyed this project please use the code BCXXCDWY to support me (this code should be entered in the box that reads *Do you have a hostess code?* on the Stampin' Up! checkout page). All hostess codes correctly entered will earn a free gift direct from me. If you use this code and your order is at least £120/150€ excluding shipping I will send you a free *make and take kit* of my choice. If your order is over £150/200€, please do not use this code as YOU become the hostess and get the Rewards. Learn more about the code here.
I have recently added a page to the blog at the top (in English) (pour rejoingez mon équipe click ici) about joining my Stampin' Up! team. If you would like to join me and my team during the Sale-A-Bration event (ends 31 March 2015) in addition to the free items from Stampin' Up! that you can choose on joining, I will also send you a Sweetheart Punch as a welcome gift and a thank you from me.